Friday 1 November 2013


A warm welcome to all members of the RS/DMG/Cotton Hall community, past and present, who may be reading this blog for this first time today.  This post – an indulgent digression from the ARC story - is for you.
 



We all have wonderful memories of the fabulous ‘retirement’ parties that you kindly arranged for us last summer, where I first announced the Atlantic crossing.  The caricatures of the 2013 Leavers now hang in my new study - sadly mementos such as these cannot accompany me on my voyage.



 
I wish all the boys a very successful end to the term – good luck in the forthcoming house play; in house football and in Trials.  Be nice to Mr Stewart and to his family – you are fortunate to have him as your House Master!

To boys and to parents - we remain really grateful for all the generosity you have shown to us, and treasure many happy memories of our 13 years in the house.  I am especially grateful for the support you continue to give to Horatio’s Garden (www.horatiosgarden.org.uk ), and the boost you are giving this very good cause.  You have been remarkable over this.  Thank you so much.

 I will write more about Horatio’s Garden shortly, then about the ARC...

No comments:

Post a Comment