Tuesday 29 October 2013


Apologies that the blog has gone a bit quiet recently - activity will increase as the date of departure approaches.  We have been in Brittany for a few days over half-term – a regular visit to close the house up for the winter, and also an opportunity to check that our own little yacht is safely laid up in the boatyard over the winter months.  Sadly, at 24' ‘Exodus’ is a bit small to tackle the Atlantic – at least for a ocean novice like myself. 





 There is less than a month left before we set sail.  Between now and then I will have a full medical check-up and have reserved a place on an RYA ‘Sea Survival’ course (gulp!) for early November.  It’s prudent to update my understanding of offshore safety equipment, and to spend some time in the water gaining experience in using a liferaft.  Should be fun!  Knowledge I hope I shall never have to use, of course...  Will write up my experience in due course. 

Also look out for forthcoming posts about the charity - 'Horatio's Garden' and about the ARC...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment